Call Us Today! 1.615.457.2458
Home Insurance2018-07-25T13:41:05-05:00

Homeowners Insurance

If you’re like most homeowners in Tennessee, your home is your most valuable asset. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands the importance of the place you call home. We can help you find the Nashville homeowners insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the best combination of tailored coverage and cost.

Note: if you are looking for homeowners insurance for a rental property, or home that is un-occupied, you cannot use traditional homeowners insurance. You need a “specialty dwelling” policy which we can also help you with.

Call 615.457.2458 if you have a question about Renter’s Insurance

Nashville Homeowners Insurance

If you’re not using an independent agent in Nashville like us, it can be hard, if not impossible to tell the difference between two homeowners insurance policies. Whether you own or rent, insuring the place you call home can cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.

Homeowners insurance policies differ by which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of residence you own.

Common Homeowners Insurance Coverages

These are some common coverages you typically see on a policy, and you’ll want to be sure to look out for as they apply to your specific needs:

Dwelling — this is the portion of your policy that covers the actual structure (main house). The cost to replace your home can fluctuate from time to time based on the cost of raw material and labor, and of course, supply and demand.

Other Structures — this covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, sidewalks, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. Usually this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but can be increased if you need more coverage.

Personal Property — this covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances.

Loss of Use — this covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because of a loss.

Medical Expense —this covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

Family/Personal Liability — Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued. In some situations, an Umbrella policy may be necessary to provide extra coverage.

Scheduled Personal Property — there are some situations where you might want special coverage for valuables, or collectibles like jewelry, guns, collectibles, rugs, etc..

Looking for something else?

Home / Renters
Surety Bonds
Worker’s Comp